Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's all part of the process


"Oooh. This song right here did not make my album, but this is my muth@#$% theme song. Check it out... Rewind. We could do dat... That's right. I'ma get it on cue, cause this is --- woo ooosh... We finnin' to go into it... cause whenever you ready... cause ahm, ahm ready with it. This is it? ... Let's begin." - Aceyalone

This is the beginning of Aceyalone's A Book of Human Language. Yes, mostly verbal filler, a warm up, the equivalent of scales. In comparison to the gems that flow throughout this album - "The (Hip Hop) Guidelines," "The Faces," "Grandfather Clock" - straight up gibberish. But still, but still: part of the process, necessary. So, today's post is dedicated to, showcases, the process, rather than the processed. You have my permission to laugh -- I did.

"Process"

I’ma blog, blog, but

not be a ball-hog.

Telling all, what they

did not even ask.

A step from harass-

Meant just to enlighten,

brighten outlooks and future books,

Am I on the right track?

"Ding, ding." A bell rings

Tapped by these words I sing,

(like Boys II Men),

And ping, into cyberspace.

No, not writing for followers,

not writing for ads, bling.

But to claim my crown

like prince to king.


Aside: this coffee got me going,

Chemicals course through

my brain vessels filled

with thought rowing. I’m knowing.

Always had something to say

just not sure about the clay

To chisel my actions or thoughts, but

Time and light bake them to stone.

Permanence.

Just coffee, but now I know why

folks self-medicate:

to reach those thoughts,

to get into that zone,

to get farther from or closer to

wherever they call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment